Constantly increasing demands on the quality and functional safety of medical products in the various global healthcare systems require reliable materials, components and solutions that sustainably meet even tough approval standards and can withstand the high challenges of everyday clinical practice. CeramTec advanced ceramics with their unique material properties open up enormous performance potential for applications in medical technology.
Our ceramic components are used amongst other in
- Ultrasonic sensors for bubble detection in dialysis and other intravenous treatments
- High power ultrasonic transducers for mechanical cell lysis and homogenization in molecular diagnostics or for high frequency ultrasonic therapy
- Pump components, valves and seals for liquid transfer applications
- Ultrasonic transducers for precise chirurgical scalpels (tissue aspiration and fragmentation)
- Ultrasonic sensors in imaging and fetal doppler monitoring
- Ultrasonic dental descalers
- and many more
Ceramics are an exceptional material for use in medical equipment based on their wear resistance and a long lifetime combined with biocompatibility. Below are some key applications in which ceramics are used in medical equipment:
- Surgery and ablation
- Pumping / liquid transfer
- Blood apheresis
- Biocompatible seals and valves
- X-Ray and MRI machinery
- An array of pharmaceutical applications
Advanced ceramic materials make applications possible today that were virtually inconceivable just yesterday. Due to their unique material properties, technical ceramics are considered to be one of the most efficient materials of our time. To meet the highest quality standards, we offer a wide range of production processes such as:
- Fully customized ultrasonic assemblies
- Tape casting
- Injection moulding
- 3D printing
Along the entire performance chain, we are a leading development partner for advanced ceramic components worldwide. We support our customers from the very first product idea through innovative product design, application-optimized material and process development up to series production. With over 100 years of experience in technical ceramics and more than 40 years of expert know-how in medical technology, we offer our customers globally networked engineering and solution competence.
One-stop-shop with personal service through qualified specialists. To ensure the reliability of our processes, all sites are at least certified according to ISO 9001, sections, (e.g., medical sensors and transducers) according to DIN EN ISO 13485.
We produce ultrasonic air-in-line sensors and ultrasonic bubble detectors for the detection of air bubbles in liquid flows in medical dosing.
CeramTec specializes in the design and manufacture of high-power ultrasonic transducers for ultrasonic homogenization, mechanical cell lysis, sonification, bone cutting / drilling, tissue aspiration and fragmentation. Our customised transducers are capable of delivering high-quality performance and reliability in your application.
Piezoceramics are essential in generating ultrasonic pressure waves used in a variety of medical applications such as:
- Atomisation for drug delivery systems in nebulisers
- Ultrasonic Pain therapy
- Ultrasonic Imaging
- Foetal doppler monitoring
- Dental descaling
Ceramics have extremely low coefficients of friction, this combined with their bio-inert properties and resistance to wear, makes ceramics ideal in applications such as:
- Blood apheresis
- Piston, centrifugal, syringe, rotary, vertical and other pumping systems for medical applications
- Medical sealing and transfer
Ultrasonic transducers create precise mechanical shock waves for dental procedures, such as scaling and descaling, drilling, tissue cutting, coagulation and ablation.
- Pressure Sensors
- Sensor Components
- Sensor Components, Piezo-ceramic
- Sensors and Transducers
- Transducers and Sensors
- Ultrasonic Cleaning
- Ultrasonic Sensors
- Ultrasonic Transducers
- Valves and Components