From minimally invasive surgical procedures to innovative treatment concepts – CeramTec develops ceramic components supporting demanding medical applications. We combine excellent material properties such as high temperature and mechanical resistance with many years of experience with high precision ceramic solutions. Our comprehensive industry expertise enables customised solutions for medical device manufacturers to create added value in line with their needs.
Precision components made of ceramic materials can be manufactured in different shapes and geometries - depending on customer requirements, e.g. as wafer-thin tubes for endoscopy applications. Due to high temperature resistance and strength, ceramic components are also suitable for minimally invasive surgical procedures or use in medical imagery applications.
- High chemical resistance & bio-compatibility
- Outstanding electrical insulation properties
- High temperature resistance
- Enormous flexural strength (over 350 Mpa)
- Structural form stability for high surgeon precision
- Customised precision components in a wide variety of designs (wall thickness of only 0.165 milimetres possible)